i can't believe that the world is ending in just one day! just kidding. seriously though, 2011 was a pretty great year. it was a toughie in some ways, but it was also fun and funny and fancy and friendly.
first we celebrated a wonderful new year with all of our homies.
then i met my snisters and a ton of wonderful friends in vancouver. we had a hoot!
then ian graduated from teacher's college! (and i finally paid up on a bet that originated in 2005)
this is where ian spent most of the summer. worth it!
then my sisters came to visit me! are you wondering how i got stuck with brown eyes? i am too. when i was a kid, sandy and ashley tried to convince me that i was adopted. unfortunately for them, i'm not!
we went to the cottage in early september and it was beautiful and relaxing.
then we went camping a big black bear was scared off of our campsite by an even bigger and hairier bear.
then i left a really great job and really amazing colleagues. for reals, i miss my well.ca peeps.
then we moved to nunavut. we arrived in a snowstorm and i looked like a tool for three months wearing my canada goose coat while locals wore hoodies. now it's finally acceptable.
thanks, first air!
some other great things about 2011:
- i didn't injure even one single toe this year! i have 10* toenails.
- two of our very best friends got into masters programs and moved to toronto (just in time for us to leave).
- william and kate got married! what? who cares? not me. i definitely didn't get up at 4:30am to watch that shit.
- ian turned 30. lots of other cool people had birthdays too. come to think of it, all of the cool people i know had birthdays this year! what were the chances?? happy birthday everyone.
- two other really exciting things that i'm not allowed to talk about.
*saying i have 10 toenails may be a bit of a stretch. let's settle on 9.5 thanks to 2010's incident.